Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Howdy!!!!

I started another blog, just to see how it would go, and because I think this is way more fun than it should be. I already have almost 50 hits in like 2 days!! YAY! I have no idea how many times anyone has looked at my lil blog here but I don't think it's 50!!!!! You should go there too if ya want and checks it out. http://aquiredtaste.wordpress.com/. I hope people will start going like everyday and love it long time.




In today's news, not much. My son has strep throat and my mother( who is slightly insane) is finding the most tactful way she can to tell me she thinks it's swine flu. While I don't think swine flu is funny it's so typical of her to overreact to a situation and make it worse. For example, we all remember the Y2K hooplah from a couple years back. Everyone was on the news saying that all the worlds computers were going to shut down and we would be without power or food and so on. Most(normal) people knew that wasn't going to happen, we sat in perfectly drunken states and watched the ball drop on the year 2000 without a care in the world. My mom on the other hand, stocked up on bottled water and canned goods, flashlights and batteries, waiting for the end to come. Nothing happened. While certainly things are happening with the swine flu and it is spreading at a rapid pace, to think that every cough or cold is all of a sudden that virus is silly. I hate to think that people are immediately converted to hypochondriacs as soon as something scary happens.



I think preparation is great and important but to start freaking out helps nothing. This is going to happen the way it's going to happen. If we all start rushing to the store, or the doctor or the hospital, anytime we start feeling under the weather it makes it harder for people who are actually severely ill to get the quick treatment they need. It depletes grocery store stock and makes it more difficult to be able to acquire daily needs. Becoming hysterical is just not the answer.

People need to stay informed, go to http://www.who.int/en/ ( the world health organization website) to get information on this virus and info on how to protect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment